Walnut Pumpkin Seed Loaf
Write a review
- 350ml warm water
- 375g Self Raising Flour (Gluten Free or Regular Unbleached / Organic Flour)
- 2 tsp of raw brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, then slowly mix in the water. Either use a wooden spoon or a handheld cake mixer - the latter being easier and a faster do. Keep a few teaspoons of warm water handy. If you feel the consistency is too dry, add up to 4 teaspoons of water.
- Oil a bread tin. It must be a standard sized 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches. Allow the bread mix to stand in a warm place for 20 minutes with a dry dish cloth covering it.
- Just before you put the tin into the oven, sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of the loaf and press in 8 - 10 halved walnuts evenly.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C for at least 10 mins before putting the raised bread mix in.
- Place tin in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the bread and let it stand for 2 minutes before removing it and transferring to stand on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- I find leaving the bread overnight to completely cool out gives you a better taste for the morning.
FOODIE FOLKS http://foodiefolks.com/